Wednesday, 2 October 2013

Body Image

Im very low maintenance. Do my own nails, my own hair, love shopping for amazing bargins on ebay. I don't do labels at all. Never have. My makeup lasts a long time and I buy whatever suits...expensive or cheap. Use a baby wipe in the morning to take off last nights makeup, a bit of moisturiser and makeup, wash hair, blow dry and im done.....or am I???
I love style but not so much fashion. I like to work with my body shape which is a tall hourglass. I like to look relaxed in my clothes rather than trying to hard. I think I achieve this but sometimes I look at what I have on and think it looks great and then I can look again hours later and think "What on earth was I thinking". Its still the same outfit but the way I see myself has changed. This can be influenced by seeing another woman who I think looks better than me or just catching a glimpse of myself in a mirror and then judging myself.  Do most women think like this or is it just me?



 
 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Almost every day! The first glance in the mirror ranges from 'that'll do', to 'that's not bad' but by the afternoon I usually feel that I got it wrong. Even on my wedding day! The only time that I ever felt that I got it right and the feeling lasted all night was a New Year's eve in the Caribbean, I tried extra hard as had got it sooo wrong the previous year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a horrible feeling isn't it when it happens. Happily minding your own business, feeling good and then you see yourself in a mirror and your heart sinks. I know its shallow but the feelings are very real.

    ReplyDelete