Tuesday, 9 April 2013

Its here......maybe......Spring that is. I have hardly been outside in the last couple of months as here in the mountains its been freezing and snowing constantly.



but its very beautiful....




So I have ventured outside for what seems like the first time in absolutely ages and look what I saw in our field.....



Awwww......he is soooo sweet just lying there with his head turned towards the sun, soaking it all up.
There are a few daffodils around too so its all looking promising.

As I was saying though, its been so cold the last couple of winters and I have been looking for the perfect long coat as I miss not going for long walks when its freezing and have been waiting for the one I want to come down in price and today it did and I ordered it.....Yay......so pleased.


So next winter (and probably still some of this spring) I will be warm and snug. Now I just need to find the perfect snow boots!

and I quite like these.....
But anyway, back to spring and I have started buying some spring type clothes, well transitional type clothes really cause it never really gets all that hot here. First of all I wanted a really gorgeous pair of slim bootcut jeans as my old ones have worn out. Having looked at the fashion forcast, it would seem that bootcuts are back in fashion (but I have always loved them for their leg flattering abilities).

 
T




Throw in a few cardi's and tunics......



And a couple of silk tops....










There all on my wish list at the moment and that list does seem to get longer and longer. Thing is, I like to have a good look around, then look in my wardrobe and plan what will go with what. To me the looking and the planning is the most enjoyable part of clothes shopping. I also think when your older (over 45 in my case) that you want to choose things that feel like they are part of you already. Things that go with a lot of other stuff in your wardrobe and things that make you smile when you put them on and you feel, like you!

2 comments:

  1. Hi
    Like the pink spotted scarf and the jacket the the post below, I have one very similar. Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi
      Thanks for looking. I love the spotty scarf on your latest post too. I saw a similar one last year in "White Stuff." I should have got it really....never mind.

      Delete